Our goal is to help people live healthier, more active lives. Our products and services provide instant access to health and fitness data so you can track your progress, push your goals and take control of your health. As we build these tools, we are committed to the principles of respecting your privacy, keeping your data safe, and letting you decide how your information is used and shared. This is our Privacy Pledge:
What Data Does Fitkat Collect?
When You Activate a Device
When activating a Fitkat Device, you will be asked to download the Fitkat App or install Software and enter information about yourself, such as height, weight and gender. We use this information to personalize your fitness stats–for example, calories burned and distance traveled. Depending upon the specific Device you use, it can collect data such as the number of steps you take, your weight, measure your sleep quality and transmit this data to Fitkat. To see the full list of data that your Device collects, visit our Product Specifications page.
When You Create a Fitkat Account
If you want to access data collected by your Device, you must create a Fitkat account. When you create a Fitkat account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address and date of birth. Your email address will be your Fitkat account user name, which you will use to log-into your account. We do not display your email address to other users. Instead, others will see the name or nickname you enter in your profile settings. You can also create your Fitkat account using a different credential such as a Facebook or Google+ account. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Fitkat’s access to that account. We will access your phone’s contact list for the purpose of letting you identify contacts who are Fitkat users. We do not store your phone’s contact list, and it is deleted immediately after it is used for this purpose.
When You Add Information to Your Account
You can customize your Fitkat experience by adding other types of information to your account, such setting an alarm, personalizing your profile with photos, participating in discussion boards, or sending messages to your Fitkat friends. Whenever you add this type of data, we collect it and store it in your Fitkat account.
When You Sync Your Device
When you sync your Device through an App or the Software, data recorded on your Device about your activity is transferred from your Device to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide the Fitkat Service and is associated with your account. Each time a sync occurs, we log data about the transmission. Some examples of the log data are the sync time and date, device battery level, and the IP address used when syncing.
When You Make Purchases from Our Store
We do not view or store your credit card information. This is handled by our third-party payment processor. We store your shipping address so we can process your order through our fulfillment partner. If you are logged into your Fitkat account when you purchase something on our Site, we associate that order with your Fitkat account.
When You Contact Us For Help
Whenever you contact Fitkat for help, we collect your name and email address along with additional information you provide in your request so that we can provide you with assistance and improve the Fitkat Service. If you contact us when you are already logged in to your account, the web form automatically pre-fills this information, so you don’t have to type it manually. You can also contact Fitkat on public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication to us if you contact us through these channels.
When You Activate Location Features
The Fitkat Service includes features that require the collection of specific location data, including: GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs. We only collect this type of data when you activate a location feature, such as run mapping. We stop collecting this type of data when you deactivate the feature. We store this information in your Fitkat account. If you are using a mapping feature, we will send your location information to our mapping service provider so they can display your location on a map. They are contractually prevented from sharing or using this data for any other purpose.
Information From Other Sources
We do not collect any information about you from other sources outside of your interaction with the Fitkat Service.
How We Use Your Data
Fitkat uses your data to provide you with the best experience possible, to help you make the most of your fitness, and to improve and protect the Fitkat Service. Here are some examples:
• Height, weight, gender and age are used to estimate the number of calories you burn.
• Data and logs are used in research to understand and improve the Fitkat Device and Fitkat Service; to troubleshoot the Fitkat Service; to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity; and to enforce the Fitkat Terms of Service.
What Data May be Shared With Third Parties?
First and foremost: We don’t sell any data that could identify you. We only share data about you when it is necessary to provide the Fitkat Service, when the data is de-identified and aggregated, or when you direct us to share it.
Data That Could Identify You
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
• With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request, to enforce or apply the Terms of Service or Terms of Sale, to protect the security or integrity of the Fitkat Service, and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fitkat, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Fitkat may share or sell aggregated, de-identified data that does not identify you, with partners and the public in a variety of ways, such as by providing research or reports about health and fitness or as part of our Premium membership. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data does not identify you and we contractually prohibit recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
Fitkat may also ask you to participate in surveys (processed by Fitkat or third parties) that help us understand your use of the Fitkat Service. Any PII you provide to Fitkat (or supplied by you or Fitkat to such third-party survey providers) in connection with these surveys will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this policy.
How Long We Save Your Data
We store your PII for as long as you maintain a Fitkat account.
How To Edit or Modify Data
Data that you provide to Fitkat through the Site can be modified from your dashboard or Fitkat account preferences. If you remove data from your Fitkat account, it will no longer appear to you or others who use the Fitkat Service. Backups of that data will remain associated with your Fitkat account and in our archive servers.
How to Deactivate Your Fitkat Account
You can deactivate your Fitkat account by going into the app and clicking on De-Activate. And your data will be wiped out off our server.
Fitkat’s Policies For Children
Fitkat is not directed at persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 13. If you are aware of a user under the age of 13 using Fitkat, please contact us at hi@Fitkat.me.
How Does Fitkat Keep My Data Safe?
Fitkat uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Does Fitkat Handle Data From International Visitors?
Technologies We Use
Does Fitkat Honor “Do Not Track” Signals?
Although we would like to honor the browsers set with a “Do Not Track” signal, the Sites do not currently respond to a DNT or similar signal as it awaits the results of efforts by the policy and legal community to determine the meaning of DNT and the proper way to respond. However, we believe that consumers should exercise choice regarding the collection of this type of data, which is why we disclose the cookies used and provide links to opt-out of those collection practices below. We use the following third-party advertising cookies to present you with opportunities to purchase Fitkat products on our Site; and retargeting cookies, to present you with Fitkat advertising on other websites based on your interaction on our Sites and other websites:
• AppNexus: The AppNexus Cookies page provides information about their cookie and gives you the option to opt out-of this program.
• DataXu: The DataXu Data Collection for our Platform page explains their privacy practices and gives you the option to opt-out of this program.
• Google Adwords Conversion: You can adjust the Google Ads Settings and opt-out of this program.
• Twitter Advertising: This cookie allows us to present you with retargeting advertising for Fitkat products on Twitter. This Twitter FAQ explains how their advertising program works and gives you the option to adjust your Twitter settings.
• Advertising.com: Owned by AOL, you can opt-out and read more about this advertising program.
• Bidswitch: Owned by iponweb, you can opt-out and read more about this advertising program.
• Facebook Custom Audiences: You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application.
• Genome: Owned by Yahoo!, you can opt-out and personalize this advertising program.
• SearchForce: We use this web beacon to help analyze our advertising campaigns.
We use the following third-party data analytics platforms to improve the Fitkat Service in a variety of ways:
You can email us with any questions or comments at hi@Fitkat.me.
Fitkat, Inc. Flat/RM 01, 21/F Prosper Commercial Building, 9 Yin Chong Street Kowloon, Hong Kong